Open a Saving Account
(This application will need to be printed and mailed)
To Open a Savings Account:
A $5 minimum deposit is required. This must remain in your savings account at all times.
- Complete the entire card. Note: there are two sections.
- If opening a joint account, complete all joint owner information as shown. If not, skip this section.
- Complete beneficiary information if opening a single party account. For a joint account, complete beneficiary information if desired.
- Sign and date where indicated at member signature, have joint owner sign if applicable.
- To verify your signature, please include a photocopy of your drivers license (no state IDs). If adding a joint owner, please include a photocopy of their drivers license.
Mail the application, photocopy of drivers license and $5 to:
PO Box 26090
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0090
WEOKIE offers term deposit accounts to provide a higher rate of return for the term you choose. Certificate accounts are available in eight term periods (3, 6, 12, 24, 30, 36, 48, and 60 Months) and have a worry-free auto-renewal feature.
- $1,000 Minimum Opening Deposit
- Eligible for Traditional and Roth IRA Status
WEOKIE's Serious Savings account allows you to make an automatic monthly deposit into a higher interest rate term certificate account. You can save money at a higher rate of return, without having the minimum opening deposit.
- Available Terms – 12, 24, 30, 36, 48, and 60 Months
- Not Eligible for IRA Status
- Minimum Monthly Deposit is $25
- Maximum Monthly Deposit is $1,000
Interest is compounded monthly and credited to your account. Early principal withdrawal penalties may apply.
A Silver Savings account pays a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account. Interest on this account is compounded monthly allowing your money to work for you!
- Minimum balance to open a Silver Savings is $25,000.
- Your accounts are insured up to $250,000 by NCUA.
Smart money habits start early; do your part by opening a WEOKIE Smart Savers account for children under age 18!
When you put your money in a WEOKIE Traditional IRA, your money grows tax deferred. The money is taxed only when it's withdrawn, which can begin when you are age 59 1/2.
Contributions to a WEOKIE Roth IRA can be withdrawn tax-free and penalty-free any time. After the account has been opened five years, you can withdraw the earnings tax-free and penalty free when you are 59 ½, become disabled, or purchase a first-time home (up to $10,000).
You can contribute to both a Traditional and a Roth IRA as long as your total contributions don't exceed the IRS limit.
A WEOKIE Money Market is a savings account that earns higher dividends than a regular savings plan, and gives you limited check-writing ability. Deposits can be made at any time. The minimum balance required for opening and maintaining this account is $2,500.