NOTICE: Courtesy Pay limits increased up to $1,200
Most of us have found ourselves facing an occasional cash crunch at one time or another, be it the result of a simple math error or an unexpected expense. That’s why WEOKIE is pleased to offer Courtesy Pay – a convenient benefit that can make it easier to weather life’s unexpected storms.
What is Courtesy Pay?
- Courtesy Pay is a noncontractual overdraft protection service that we may offer to our members with eligible share draft (checking) accounts. As long as you maintain your account in good standing, we may cover insufficient fund items up to the $750 Courtesy Pay limit (the limit will increase to $1,200 on December 15, 2021). We will charge a $15 NSF Fee per occurance, the lowest in Oklahoma, and send you a notice when an overdraft occurs. You are required to bring your account to a positive balance within 45 days.
How can I add Courtesy Pay for my checks, automatic bill payments, and other recurring debit transactions?
- You can easily enroll in one of the following ways:
- With Courtesy Pay, if we receive an item that causes the balance in your account to go below zero, as a courtesy, we may pay the item up to your $750 limit ($1,200 as of 12/15/21); including the $15 Courtesy Pay/NSF fee.
- Yes, we also offer overdraft protection through a link to your savings account. To learn more, contact us at 405-235-3030 or 800-678-5363.
Is there a charge for Courtesy Pay?
- There are no fees to have the service available on your account. If you use Courtesy Pay you will be charged a $15 fee for each insufficient item as described in our Courtesy Pay Policy. The charges associated with Courtesy Pay are also listed in the Schedule of Fees & Charges.
How can I avoid overdraft fees?
- Check your available balance regularly. It is available on our Mobile App, in Online Banking, via telephone, at any WEOKIE or ATM Zone ATM location, or by contacting us at 405-235-3030 or 800-678-5363
- Keep track of automatic payments such as utilities, car insurance, or loan payments.
- Review your statement.
- Do not rely on check clearing time. In today’s banking environment, many transactions clear in less than 24 hours, and some clear the same day they are initiated.
- Set up account alerts online or through the mobile application to receive updates about any of your WEOKIE accounts.
Courtesy Pay Disclosure
NOTICE: Courtesy Pay limits will increase from $750 to $1,200 effective December 15, 2021
Courtesy Pay is a service that allows us to pay a check written on your checking account even if it causes the account to become overdrawn.
Courtesy Pay may provide certain account holders in "good standing" with the ability to overdraw their personal checking account up to $750 ($1,200 as of 12/15/21). ($300 for Fresh Start Checking)
If the account has been open at least 45 days and maintained in good standing, defined as A) Making regular deposits sufficient to cover transactions; B) Bringing the account to a positive balance (and remaining positive overnight) at least once every thirty days or less, and; C) There are no legal orders outstanding on your account, we may, at our sole discretion, pay overdrafts up to the limits mentioned above, including our normal Non-Sufficient Funds and/or Courtesy Pay charge(s). Whether we pay or return an item, your account will be assessed a $15.00 fee per item, either as a Courtesy Pay charge or a Non-Sufficient Funds charge, but you will not be charged both fees.
Courtesy Pay offers additional flexibility and convenience in managing account holder funds and provides peace of mind knowing that checks may be paid up to the authorized overdraft limit.
This non-contractual courtesy of paying overdrafts requires members to opt-in. It is not a loan. It costs nothing unless the privilege is used by initiating checks, electronic funds transfers, or other payment or withdrawal requests for more than is available in the account. If you maintain the account in good standing and have a need for this "courtesy", we may, at our sole discretion, pay the item(s) up to the authorized limit, and we will charge the account our normal Non-Sufficient Funds and/or Courtesy Pay charge for each item that overdraws the account. Fees charged for covering overdrafts, in addition to the amount of the overdraft item, will be subtracted from the overdraft limit. Transactions may not be processed in the order in which they occurred. The order in which the transaction is received by the credit union and processed can affect the total amount of overdraft fees incurred. We will send you a notice each time an overdraft occurs. If the account remains negative for 45 days, the account will be closed.
If you receive a direct deposit of Social Security or other federal benefit checks, you must notify the credit union that you do not want this service if you do not want us to apply these funds to repay an overdraft.
Using Courtesy Pay may be costly. There are other overdraft protection options available that may be more suitable for your needs. Please speak to a representative concerning terms, fees and how the products differ.
Courtesy Pay allows WEOKIE Federal Credit Union to provide a higher level of service to you by helping to protect your account and reputation when an inadvertent overdraft occurs.