Automated Debit Card Risk Management Program
We may be calling you.
To protect your account, we monitor your ATM and debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity which may include a sudden change in locale, a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent ATM or debit card use, we’ll be calling you to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your card.
- Our automated call will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card
- You'll be able to respond via your touchtone keypad
- You'll also be provided a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions
Our goal, quite simply, is to minimize your exposure to risk and the impact of any fraud. To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone number and address at all times.
In the meantime, please be diligent in monitoring transaction activity on your account and contact us immediately if you identify any fraudulent transactions. Here are some additional tips on protecting yourself from debit card fraud.
1) Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and ZIP code
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Card or account number
- Card expiration date
- Your PIN is private; never give it out
2) In stores and at ATMs, always cover your card and PIN, and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors, or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; take it to the register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
3) Online, you should never respond to unsolicited emails that:
- Link to websites; such sites can look legitimate but may collect data or put spyware on your computer
If you should receive a verification call, the number will be from 800-262-2024. If the caller leaves a call back number you should call the 1-800-262-2024 to validate transactions.
Browse up-to-date savings rates for WEOKIE savings accounts, certificates and serious savings.